Friday, February 18, 2011

::golden snitch cake::

What HP party could be complete with out a golden snitch cake?
The cake party was super easy.
The wilton ball mold iced yellow with stars around the bottom.
But the wings took some research.

I searched and searched.  I finally sucked it up and tried what they were telling me.
I was scared to do it.
I have never done anything with candy melts before and I wanted to stay in my comfort zone.
But I finally ran out of other options so I tried it.
I printed out some wing clip art and put wax paper over it.
Then drew out the wings with melt candy melts in an icing bag.
They did not melt the bag, which I thought they might.
It actually worked way better than I thought and it is a trick I will use again.

I made two sets.
One with skewers and one with out.
They both worked so I took them both with to have a back up set.

Next time I will make sure to get candy under the skewer, but not bad for a first try.

The birthday boy dug it, so I was happy.   

 UndertheTableandDreaming 

1 comment:

  1. I know NOTHING about Harry Potter, but it looks great!

    And candy melts are super easy :) Love em!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails