Thursday, February 24, 2011

::seeds ordered::

I took my valentines day present and blew the whole cash gift on seeds and plants.  

Scary.

Every year I am scared that I will plant all this stuff and nothing will grow.  

But also exciting because I can't wait to eat this stuff.

Here's the Internet order list.  The rest should come from Lowe's.

Two different kids of edible soybeans to eat fresh and the freeze

Kaleidoscope carrots - just because they look fun

Melons
LOTS
Four kinds of watermelon
two kinds of cantaloupe
One type of honey dew
And something called Creme De La Creme that is some sort of hybrid



Five kinds of different hot peppers because I like food to hurt just a little

8 types of tomatoes
Yellow, orange, super early, super late, white and red cherry, HUGE, paste, and heirloom

18 blueberry bushes

One luscious pack of sunflowers (pollen free for cut flowers)
Tons of little Zinnia's too.

Still to come from Lowe's:
Asparagus
Green beans
Broccoli
More carrots
Corn
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Leaf lettuce
Head lettuce
Red, yellow, white onions
Green onions
Pea's
Sugar snap pea's
LOTS of pumpkins
Gourds (small, large, birdhouse)
Lots of spinach
Squash - Butternut, spaghetti, luffa
Strawberries (just a few, next year we put in a large patch)
TONS of cilantro and parsley
Basil, lavender, oregano, and rosemary

WHAT ELSE AM I FORGETTING??

More fruit to be put in next year (Raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries)

4 comments:

  1. holy wow!! my post yday was about being ready for spring but now I am REALLY READY to play in the dirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the carrots!! I went today & got some seeds & 2 plants. I got the carrot seed strips, they seem a little easier than those tiny seeds. But those carrots look really fun! So far we have 4 packs of green beans, 2 bag of onion bulbs, a pack of corn, a green bell pepper & an orange bell pepper. There will be more to come though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are all those colorful carrots safely edible? Or are they toxic like Indian corn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally ok if you say no, but I was wondering, would you be willing to share just a few of those carrot seeds? I don't need the amount that come in that pack, but I'd love to try a few!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails