For the record - I am really trying harder to learn about grammar. It is going to be a battle but I am striving to improve. Trying to catch my typos is a big part of that. Pacman is officially spelled with out a k. Pacman not Packman. (fragment sentence - damn you grammar)
Lillian is in a great local theater company and they had their yearly Halloween costume contest this last Friday. She and I wanted to come up with something homemade and unique. Since I can not sew this lead to us trying to figure out what we could make out of cardboard. I have found a local furniture rental business that has the most wonderful dumpster full of huge cardboard boxes. I raid that place when ever I have a project in mind. After a ton of research we came up with a Ms. PacMan costume.
I used two pencils to make a protractor and drew a large circle. Then I marked out a triangle for the mouth. After I cut it out I used it as a template for another matching circle. I took a second box and cut out the connection piece, making it as wide as my shoulders. Lillian was at school so I had to use myself for the size of the costume.
I used ducts tape to attach the pieces and cut leg, arms, and head holes.
I used yellow duct tape on the exterior to attach all the connection points. I then painted the entire thing. I don't like to use spray paint because it doesn't cover as well and is more expensive than a can of cheap paint.
It was a little big for Quinny.
When Lillian got home she made lips, eyes, and a bow to finish off the costume. This whole thing had a total cost of $10 and she won "Most Creative Costume".
I am a wife, a mom, a NICU nurse (who fakes it in the ER), a city mouse learning to be a country mouse, a smart mouth, an over emotional nut jar, a normalish neo-homesteader, and a converted spoiled brat.