Monday, March 8, 2010

::kool-aid playdough::

I searched around for an edible playdough recipe and combiled a few to get the one I wanted. 

1/2 cup of water 
1 teaspoon oil
I package Kool-aid
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar

Microwave oil and water for 2 minutes
While in microwave mix dry ingredients
Add hot water mixture to dry ingredient
Stir and add more flour for thickness if needed.
Let cool in the fridge if you want it even thicker. 


This was a messy project, but the kids had lots of fun.  

Max really managed to murder his clothes.

Lucky for me I got some clean up help



I had most of the ingredients for this project so the only cost was the kool-aid which cost 20 cents each.  Total time was about half an hour but we were having lots of fun so we just took our time.


The end result was a blob of stuff that was about the texture of really thick oatmeal.  It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty, and the kids enjoyed playing with it.  We got so messy I had to stop taking pictures at that point and just play with them.  Not perfect playdough but still lots of fun.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails