Sunday, March 14, 2010

::bad parenting 101::



Confession time.  When I was in first grade I had some Mother daughter function at school.  My mom was a county prosecutor and got stuck in court and didn't make it.I had a nervous break down and held it against her forever.   Let's be real, I still have a little grudge about it.  

Thursday night was a late rough night for Lily.  The chick hospital incident kind of blew her mind.  So I decided to let her sleep in a little bit on Friday and drive her to school.  FINE!  She was an hour late to school.  When I dropped her off she was still a little clingy so I told her I would pick her up at from school instead of her riding the bus home.

I went home and got to work on my list of things to do.  I was just working away.  Animals clean and fed, laundry done, kitchen cleaned, dinner prepped, Max alive, blah, blah.  :)  At 3:20 I was waiting for the bus and happened to walk by my cell phone, that had the ringer off as usual.  The school had called me 4 times.  Guess who I forgot to pick up?

LILY!

I grabbed Max with a wet diaper and no shoes and literally ran out the door.  I flew in there on two wheels and ran to the door.  She was happy as a clam.  She thought it was a great adventure.  And I got her ice cream as a bribe.  I screwed up big time.  

So - now what do I do?  Josh told Lily that any time she wants something and I will not give it to her that she should just say, "But you forgot me at school!"  Then they both laugh.  I am not really seeing the humor in this.

I feel really bad about the office staff that had to baby sit her while I was cleaning my kitchen.  There are two of them and I went and got them each a bunch of candy and will send it with a note on Monday.  

The story by Lily ~
"There where two people left with me, but one of the grown ups took me to the office waiting for you and then me and Lilly Ison colored and colored until our hands were tired.  We were writing of who could find the most red, black, or blue cars.  Then she had to go get some stuff and then you were on the way.  Then you pulled up in the driveway and we left and got ice cream."

Should I do anything else?

What about Lily?  Is it only a problem if she thinks it a problem?  Since she thinks it is funny do I just drop it?  Am I over reacting?  (I think that is obvious)  
    

2 comments:

  1. It is only a problem if she thinks it is a problem. Parents are only human too. Anytime I have asked forgiveness from my daughter for my screw-ups, she forgives me with a hug and seems to love me even more for it. As a mom, you are amazing and awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, are seriously KILLING me. You give me soooo much to look forward to!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails