Monday, August 16, 2010

::learned in passing::


  
I SUPER DUPER NO JOKING L O V E my job.  

To learn more about it link HERE.  Saving babies with peers that rock?  How can you beat it?  I love it so much that sometimes I take on more than I can chew.  One of those things is signing up for Level Four Cap.  Basically you jump through lots of hoops and they pay you to do it.  Not enough to buy that Suburban I wish I drove (not environmentally friendly, but so fun), but enough to pay for Christmas.  One of the hoops is to become a certified nurse in your specialty.  Not certifiable - certified.  After much anxiety, and not enough studying I took the test and I PASSED.  And I even learned a few things -


It help reinforce some of the more complex medical parts of what I do.  So I guess it actually made me a better nurse.  Which I think is the whole point.


It taught me that I don't want to go to grad school.  I have questioned this before.  But I love my time with the shorties and all their silliness too much tell them to leave me alone so I can study.  Maybe as an empty nester, but not now.  


This title doesn't really mean all that much.  But I did pass - so I am not whining.




This is the worst picture of me ever.  No makeup - I can't test in makeup.  It makes my eyes itch.  And my face?  I look like I am on steroids.  Not going up on facebook.    

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS BROOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you! You should feel very proud of yourself! I am blown away by how much you accomplish. You are awesome.
    Now you can take a deep breath and focus on the party planning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, never a doubt you wouldn't pass it... but I know those dumb tests are intimidating... and grad school IS overrated! It's a bunch of hoops just to say you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! We already knew hoe awesome of a NICU nurse you are - Jackers agrees 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rock! Maybe someday I'll work my way up to your level ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. brooke SERIOUSLY! congratulations! i'm SO happy for you! now take that CAP check to the bank and come visit me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails