Sunday, August 1, 2010

::paint chip notebooks::

I am in prep mode for Lily's art party.  I found this craft on a really cool blog called "pink and green mama".  She had a wonderful art party for one of her children and I got some great ideas from her.  All you need to make it is post-its, paint chips, stapler, and something to cut with.  I started with a paper cutter but switched to scissors.   


If you have wide paint chips like I do than you need to trim the chip to make it the width of the post-its.




Fold a small lip on the bottom of the trimmed chip.  I made mine about 1/2 inch.




Fold over the top so that is just over laps the lower lip.  


Trim the post-its to fit.  They need to sit under the lip.  Place a stable thru the lip and the sticky part of the post-its.  (Know that I think about it, I don't see why it has to be post-its.)


Done.  Quick and easy and interesting.  

Then the kiddos can decorate it how ever they want.  Perfect for the art party.  


There are many things I love about this craft.  But the two biggest are CHEAP and COLORFUL.  My two favorite things.  





eans.blogspot.com/search/label/Iron%20Crafter" target="_blank" border="0">


CreativeShareWednesdays



12 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! This would be a fun way for my students to 'publish' some of their writings! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea, this would be great for my purse! It's small enough that it wouldn't take up as much space as a notebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!...i'll be honest...everytime i go to lowes...i snag some of these...no reason...but how can i pass up free stuff?...lol...but now...i got some to do with 'em!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and colorful! Stopping by from Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea! I love all the great ideas to find online:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute! And perfect little party favors!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too fun! Great job!

    I am having a crafty competition with Paint samples that I would love to have you enter this project in!

    Check it out here:
    http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2010/08/iron-crafter-round-4-paint-samples.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I never would have thought to use paint chips for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have a party at your place and you are thinking of preparing different items for your guests then you should make sure that you get the best chips cutter for you.

    Thanks
    Chips Cutter

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have a party at your place and you are thinking of preparing different items for your guests then you should make sure that you get the best chips cutter for you.

    Thanks
    Chips Cutter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails