Friday, May 6, 2011

::mushrooms::

 Warning:  This blog post was lived by Josh.  He took all the pictures when I wasn't even home.  And he claims that I will loose "street credit with the bloggers" if I don't post it.  JUST because he is so cute about it, I will do "his" blog post.
Second warning: I hate the texture of mushrooms.  I haven't eaten one in my adult life.  Josh teases me about them often because he loves them. 

 This is a big giant Morel Mushroom.  We have a bunch of them of the farm this year. 
 
Josh cleaned them up and cut them.  

 He battered them in flour, salt, and pepper and fried them up in butter. 

Then ate them all before I even got home.
Next year I might even get to taste them. 
Maybe

3 comments:

  1. I must admit that I don't share Josh's love for mushroom. And are you sure those are eatable? I am always scared that I will die if I eat mushroom, how can you know if a bad one hasn't gotten into the mix? Actually I know all my fears are absolutely irrational and I have slowly started to eat button mushrooms if I am served those, but only in small amounts.
    Josh took some great pictures though and I'm glad he enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, love the morels! I haven't had one in a few years. When we do have some it's a battle of how to fry them at our house. Ron's mom always used crushed saltines and my family always used flour, like Josh. The flour is the correct way to do it, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails