Saturday, April 16, 2011

::cow::


This is a picture from the day we went to pick up our cow.
We raised him and fed him and did not name him.
And he is now...


And I don't want to do it again.  
Raising animals for food it not for me. 
From now on we will raise a cow at my brother in laws and just get our cut of that cow.
I don't want any more food animals at my house.
I am still glad we did it. 
We know he was raised and slaughtered humanely.
But still... 
I don't want to know my food that closely.  


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I grew up with my parents doing it and it was fine then. Now we've talked about getting a cow, but I KNOW I would get attached to the darn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should post this. My husband just picked up our 1/4 cow (raised on my brother-in-law's farm), just this morning. It's even packaged exactly like in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. um, that's just interesting stuff. I keep going back up and looking at the first picture. He was pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA That is so funny my dad pretty much does the same thing and he always takes a pitcure of them first. And then when he has people over and they are eating he bust out the picture and shows them, so sad. But he names them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails