Saturday, February 27, 2010

::kid books FEB::


Lily and I are going to try to review a few of our favorite kid books every month. I can't wait for her perspective.
Lily had this book in her preschool class and she talked about it all the time. I finally investigated and found the book and bought it for her. She used to make me read it almost every night. It has three different monster short stories in it. The all have the same basic plot. Kid confronts monster and it all turns out great.

Lily:
"Three scary things, they are not all monster, one is an alligator. They are funny."




I love all of Sandra Boynton's books, look at the wear and tear on them. They have been in all our diaper bags, cars, under beds, and all over. My personal favorite to read is "Hippos Go Berserk", the rhythm of it is almost musical to say out loud. The story line is basically a number/rhyming book about a hippo having a party.

Lily:
"Hippos is the funniest book I have ever seen. Who ever does not like it is crazy."

We had this book when I was a kid. I LOVED IT! I tracked it down for the kiddos. It really suits Lily and my inabilities to withstand being told to not do something. The story line is based around Grover trying to stop you from turning the book pages because he is afraid of the monster at the end of the book - happy ending of course.

Lily:
"This book is so funny I crack up every time I see that he is the monster at the end of this book. This book is so funny that I can not believe it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails