Sunday, January 13, 2019

::sewing aprons::

I have wanted to learn to sew and have been chipping away at that goal.  I bought my first pattern off Etsy from a wonderful shop that hit my heart strings by claiming that they walk you through the whole thing.  I was so excited that they actually did!  The first apron I made took me FOREVER but after making 9 this season I think I have this one figured out.  


The first one was a one layer Christmas one for me.  It turned out well, but a little rough in places.  


Then I made one for each of the sister in-laws on Josh's side and my mother in-law.  


I made additional one's for my sister in-law on my side, my sister, Quinn's first grade teacher, and for the nurse at work that runs me (who is a dear friend to me).  

After I had those all set up I played around with making some oven mitts.  That was a fun way to use up the extra fabric.  


Lastly I have made myself this little winter apron. 

I've got big plans for a spring apron but I need some good tulip fabric.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails