Tuesday, January 15, 2019

::christmas 2018::

I've been interested in learning to bake this last year, which has lead to some interesting messes.  

I made a yule log for our family Christmas.  I rolled it the long way and by the time I realized I couldn't undo it.  He was more of a twig than a log, but he was still super fun.  The hedgehog cookies where a blast and tasted amazing.  

Emma's stocking

Lily's stocking 

Quinn's

Mine

Josh's

Max

This kids each get an ornament in their stockings every year.  Emma got a purple hippo this year to represent her favorite stuffed animal from childhood, Hippy.  

We open stockings and then eat breakfast before we do the rest of our gifts.  
That also gives time for Grammy and Papaw to come join us for the gifts.  

Poppy was not pleased with being put in a stocking.  


We was serious about this Nerf gun.  



My favorite gift!  My very own rain barrel.  

I found this vintage makeup case.  It was even in its original box.  It doesn't even look like it was ever used.  It had the original owners name and address printed in perfect cursive.  

Quinn makes a great Chewbacca

Emma got a kitchenaid that I hope lasts her a lifetime.  I was her age when I got mine.  

Lily and Poppy had a little snooze.  

I made a nutella tree to take to dinner.  Google it, super easy and fun.  

Josh is in love with her new flannel from Deluth Trading Company.  

The Rakes (Rachel and Jake) have the best party room in their new house.  It was the perfect place for family Christmas.  

The bookends.  


Quinny got a fish tank that he is in love with.  



Josh redid axes for his brothers and had Lincoln quotes put on them.  

I had a great excuse to use my new vintage punch bowl.  

Ryan supported pinkies out.  

As did us girls.  

Top row: Jake and Rachel.  Josh and I.  Ryan and Jamie (Josh's brothers)
Second row:  Lily and Emma.  Grammy and Papaw.  Max, Caleb (Ryan and Jamie's son) and Quinn.  

The Schaefer brothers with their old sweaters that Sheila made into pillows.  I don't think that could be any cuter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails