Thursday, January 31, 2019

::max is 11::


Oh my precious baby Max.  My heart belongs to Max.  He smells like a calm light summer rain storm.  I know he isn't always going to smell good, I know he is growing into a stinky boy soon.  For now I am just going to enjoy the fact that he still holds my hand in public.  


He was the largest of my babies.  Nine and a half pounds and he had to have his blood sugars monitored his first 24 hours because he was such a beast.  He started crying before his shoulders was even delivered.    


He was the best baby in the world.  Slept through the night within his first week.  Ate like a champ.  Knew how to nurse right from the start.  


Our first bump in the road was when we found out that he carried Galactosemia.  Look it up if you want the details, but its basically any lactose you eat builds up over the course of your life till you go blind, develop kidney failure, and brain damage.  It's ugly.  I didn't know this but I carry it and I passed it on to him.  The good news is that it is rare and that you have to have both copies of the gene to express it.  We just carry it.  


He was such a great looking toddler.  His curls had strangers stopping us in the streets to pet his head.  


When he started school we noticed that he is wired a little different.  He has ADD and we have struggled with this off and on through out his schooling.  

setting up one of his nests in the pantry 

The good news is that he is a genius, so usually even though he only heard half the directions he is smart enough to just figure it out.  


He's so bright and creative.  He is constantly making the most amazing Lego creations with 14 different moving parts.  


He hasn't slept for real since he was less than 1.  He sleeps about 4-6 hours a night and then wakes up smiling and content.  I've told him that his lack of sleep makes him a super hero!  Think of all the great books he is going to read in his life.   He can either take his insomnia and freak out about it or just embrace it.   He's not tired the next day.  The kid needs less sleep that the average person.  It is amazing.  (I am not looking for idea's to help with this, it is not an issue.  It's just a cool part of him that I want to remember.)


He got a really big role in the Christmas Carol this year.  It was actually a high school play but a vry few kids got picked to play parts.  He was Scrooge at 12 and even sang a solo.  This kid is a natural actor.  He's so handsome and he has real talent.  There is a small chance I might be biased.  


I love being Max's mother.  He makes my soul feel calm and my heart happy.  Plus I have serious envy of his hair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails