Tuesday, April 24, 2012

::i have a blueberry for a daughter::


Lily before the play in all the seats we had to save.
 
 Princess Lily was cast as Violet Beauregard in Willy Wanka Jr is a local kids drama group.  It was a really big roll for a second grader to get.  I had to ask special permission just to get past her being a year to young to even audition.  I did not expect her to get the role, but that little kid got it done.  The way the play was cast was two nights she was an Ooompa Loompa and two nights she was Violet.  She was the cutest little Oompa ever, but when she was Violet she just stole the show.  



Let me say that is was not a huge stretch for her to dig down and find a totally loud brat character.  If anything I have had to remind her to let go of her inner Violet and come back to being my Lily.  Every time she went on I just sat in the audience wide eyed and half crying.  Of course I am biased, but that kid has talent.  She thrives on this stuff.  It is amazing to see her so happy.  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails