Monday, September 3, 2018

::art studio - take two::

My art studio started out rough when we bought this place.  It has been well built and was screaming for me to love it right.  

This awesome metal shelving unit was on our property when we moved in.  It's been over a year now and I have been just storing this, waiting till it stood up and demanded to be used.  Today was that day.  

My first set up had been wonderful.  I love the desk with good storage under the window.  This desk used to be in my fathers old school photo darkroom when I was a kid.   

The red lockers look awesome, but they actually are not good storage.  And the make due board on top was useful work space but needed some adjustments.  

I love this little white bookcase.  It's been a perfect pretty and sturdy display area for me and I knew it needed to stay.  



Today I (actually Josh) dragged the metal storage shelves and a very old green drafting table out of one of our milking rooms and I cleaned them up.  Poor Josh had to work his ass off all day dragging furniture around.  I'm so lucky that he humors me.  

I was on the edge of listing the metal cabinet on Craigslist today.  It seemed too big and maybe too difficult to deal with.  But once we got it in the studio I knew it was perfect.  TONS of good storage with it all open and easy to see and use.  

The vintage drafting table had one missing drawer, but it's just so cool I had to use it anyway.  It now gives a second work area so I can have company while I work.  

Look at that table!!!!  I just love it.  The top is so solid.   

The missing drawer it now open marker storage.   

1 comment:

  1. LOVE what you did to the room! What a tranquil place to do what you are so talented at!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails