Monday, December 7, 2015

::a dull tree::


I try really hard to make Sundays not just a catch up on house work day but a fun day for the kids.  I have to confess that in the past year Quinn and his toddler like fits and short fuses has challenge me greatly to find something that the older kids love but that he can still survive through.  This last Sunday I wanted to make getting a tree a priority.  The older kids where 100% on board and the weather was wonderful (50's for December is a miracle) so we packed up lots of snack and crossed our fingers that Q would survive the days events.  For our first time we went to a self cut tree farm.  There is a very large and well run place near us called Dull Tree Farm. 



The place was a total mad house!  The great weather had the whole world out and about, but the level of organization was so high.  Any line we waited in was constantly moving forward.  I was very impressed with the place. 



The kids had a total blast.  It was dog days on the farm and the Newfoundland club was out with dogs pulling carts with trees loaded up.  We originally thought we would buy a precut tree, but they had saws you could borrow so we headed out with our cart to cut down our own tree.  This is a first for our family.  Q fell in love with every tree we saw and would hug it and say he wasn't leaving till we got that tree.  Then he would walk three trees further and hug that tree till I talked him into walking three trees further.  



We finally settled on the fattest tree that we thought might fit in our house.  Q named him Quinn Joshua Schaefer, since we name our trees every year.  This guy is by far the fattest tree we have ever had.  I love him!  I managed to cut down the tree with the "help" of the boys, and no one lost a finger.  The boys pulled the cart to the line and while I waited the kids played at the various slides and climbing areas.  They had such a wonderful time. 



I found the cutest handmade reindeer picture that I fell so in love with that I had to buy it.  



By the time we where walking out to the car Q was totally done but the middles where so good and fun to spend the day with.  Next year we will make sure that we wait for Josh to be able to go with us. 

1 comment:

  1. I read Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails