Saturday, October 15, 2011

::a lily mommy adventure::

all pics off of my phone, sorry for the quality
Lily and I made a two night trip up to Chicago for my cousins wedding.  I didn't want to go.  I am still having some pretty major anxiety issues with face to face interaction (let's talk about that latter because I think its boring and weak).  But I just decided that I could use my pregnancy as an excuse and that it would be good for Lily.  I was lucky enough to get to stay with my mother which means I got to stay in a WAY fancier hotel than I would have otherwise.  We stayed right on Michigan Ave.  It was some serious luxury. 

We went up on Friday night and Saturday morning that Lily woke up at the crack of dawn and was ready to party.  I took her for an early morning walk up and down Michigan.  It was almost empty out there.  She was singing and skipping around "I LOVE CHICAGO!"  It was one of those classic Lily moments in time that made the whole gong show of a trip worth it. 


We walked by the Apple Store and they had a shrine to Steve Jobs set up.  She knew something was serious about it.  She stopped and asked me to read the post-its to her.  She was totally fascinated with the idea of people who never knew this man writing him notes and leaving him apples on the ground.  She needed me to explain why this man was important.  I told her, "He made it so that people like you and I could stay better connect to each other and be even more in love with each other."  She hugged me.  She got it.  With her little interpretation of the shrine, I got it too.


 Latter that day, once my sister and her family got up, we walked the two blocks to American Girl Doll Store and spent HOURS looking at everything.  Grandma did pick up a few things for Lily.  Of course.  I got many ideas to pass on to Santa.  I even got Lily her own catalog to cut up and make into a wish list.  Again, the cuteness was out of control.  That kid makes life so much more interesting.   




Lily made Max a few Lego's figures at the Lego store
I am glad we went, but I missed my boys.  I do not like being away from them.  It was good bonding for Lily and I, but I am really looking forward to the very quickly upcoming trip to DISNEY!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun...can't wait to do that with Mya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails