Friday, March 8, 2019

::adult Disney Feb 2019::


We has a wonderful adult sneak out.  I had the great opportunity to attend a conference about Substance Use Disorder at Disney.  Of course I jumped at the change.  New rule - I only go to conferences if they are in Disney!!!!  What a great way to sneak out, learn some stuff and have some Disney time.   I love this collection of pictures because I have obviously embraced my new pose.  I have exactly the same set up in all pics.  I've love to be embarrassed, but I am no in love with my new body that my pride kinda shows.  I've lost a good 50 pounds over the last year and I am living full blast.   

We have been trying out a new gig.  We fly out at 530AM so we arrive around 8AM and have the whole day in Disney.  This works well with adults, but would suck with kids.   As part of my professional side of my new gig I have been trying to look more the part.  I've been getting my nails done often.  I had to add some Disney flair.  

We got into Saratoga Springs, threw on some ears and got our butts to the park.  

First stop was Epcot.  They were right in the middle of the Festival of the Arts.  We love all the festivals at Epcot.  I can't pick a favorite.  This may be a favorite unique opportunity that I have ever had at a festival.  Paige O'Hara, who was the voice of Belle, is also an artist.  She was selling some prints of her work and was then signing them.  Lily is a huge fan of Belle and I knew this would be a dream come true present.  We waited in line forever, but it was well worth it.  Lily came unglued when we gave it to her when we got home.    

Passholders have collectible magnets that they can get when they are in the parks.  You can bet I RAN to get our Figment magnet.  My mother is a huge Figment collector and I have to make sure I had one to give her.     

They next day we walked to Disney Springs and were sitting outside the shop when they opened the dress shop.  

I tried on five different dresses, but fell madly in love with the new Trader Sams dress.  I never buy the matching accessories with the dresses, but this time I gave in to the matching purse.

Then we headed over to Holly Wood Studios to see Toy Story Land for the first time.   It's so adorable.     

Big news!  Some of the beer stands stock my new favorite beer - Kona Long Board.   I was maybe overly excited.  


The next day we knew we wanted to go tour around the monorail hotels.  We love a long monorail ride so we took the bus to Epcot and then the  monorail to the transportation center. 

Josh gets pulled for extra security every time.  EVERY single time.  They don't realize that he is a big sweetheart.   

I got wear my Pandora ears for the first time.   Josh got a little fed up getting poked in the face all day.   

We had to jump on the People Mover because it is our true love.  

The People Mover is the best chill and enjoy ride.  

I kept my traditional picture on Buzz going.  He still beats me every time.  

I tried a cake pop.  Gorgeous to look at but not worth the calories.  

This is my friend Kayla.  She is a social worker that I work with in our treatment program.  She is gifted and a warrior for change.  We have a recent grant for our program and are so lucky that we got to go to this conference.   I made her take a selfie with me to prove that we did actually go to the conference.  

Josh had to fly home to parents our people.  I had a day and a half in Disney by myself.  It was bizarre to be there without my person or my shorties but I still had some fun.  At lunch break from my conference I walked over to the Poly to see my little buddy.  

I got myself over to Hollywood Studios.  

I had my favorite Disney snack and my favorite Disney beer.  

I was a little excited to get to ride Slinky Dog for the first time.  

Dinner was at Enzro's Hideout.   A really cool place I have wanted to try.   I sat at the bar and spent some quality time watching the bartenders make drinks.  I am fascinated with bartending, and it was great to just watch them try to make awesome drinks super fast.   Someday I am going to take a bartenders class.    

I picked up some desert and took the boat back to my room.  

The next morning I finished off my conference and then jumped on the front row of Pirates.  

My friend Becky was starting off the first day of a girls trip.  We got to ride the People Mover, have lunch, and have some monorail time.   



I waited for the Magic Express while reading some Harry Potter.  It was very relaxing but I was ready to get home to my babies.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails