Wednesday, July 6, 2011

::tough call::

I don't like it.  But something has got to give.  One of the things that I have always loved about working 12 hour shifts is that I only work three days a week.  That makes it so I can really focus on the more important things those other four days.  But - somehow in my head I had convinced myself that I could work three 12's a week at the new job and get my three 12's a month for St Vincent in too.  Plus the 2 hours of computer classes then plus the 16 hours of charting training.  In case your wondering that had me working too flipping much.  And for what?  It's not like our survival was hinged to me getting those hours at St Vincent.  The only benefit of it was that I LOVE my friends there and I LOVE the unit.  But the time away from the kiddos was too much to take. 

So, on Monday I turned in my two week notice.  

I hate it.  I am really going to miss my friends, but I just can't do everything.  I often feel like I have to make uncomfortable choices that put my family first, but my friendships always end up getting kicked down the line.  The most important thing in my life is my marriage and my shorties.  I can't pick up more hours and bust my hump right now.  I am growing another person and trying to keep Max off the roof and trying to stop Lily from taking over.   My last shift will be the 12th.  What a tough day that will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails