Sunday, October 3, 2010

::making dot candy::

I saw a post on doing this at sb creatively (who is a new blog to me that I am really enjoying).  It looked quick and easy and very fun for many ages, so we gave it a run.  

Lily and I got on our matching aprons and got to work.

We mixed two smallish farm fresh egg whites (thank you ladies) in with about 2 cups of powdered sugar.  I threw it all in the kitchen aid and let it mix away, but it looked kind of runny so I just slowly added more sugar till it was about the consistency of icing.  

Then we scrapped it into two different bowls and added food coloring to get the colors we wanted.  We then put the separate mixtures into ziplock bags and cut the tiniest little bit off the corner.  

Max washed the dishes while we worked.  Or at least he told me that's what he was doing.

We started out trying to make perfect little dots all in  row.  
That kind of behavior didn't last long.  Nor did I expect it to.
Lily wanted to branch out and get creative.  



 Maybe this was a little bit too creative.  
"He loves it!" - she said.


UndertheTableandDreaming

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so cute! As soon as I saw your link I had to click on it. I never knew how to make dot candy! It looks like your kiddos really enjoyed it : ) They're just too sweet. You really are a gem of a mom to tackle such a messy project with them. I LOVE that!

    Visisting from The Sunday Showcase Party. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brook - This is super cool! I can't wait to try it! TFS! I'll be featuring this tomorrow - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails